Monday, August 1, 2011

from putrajaya to petaling street

We met up with Selena and family yesterday evening. They arrived from UK the previous night and we are honoured to be the first to see them in Malaysia.

It was a pleasant evening but I think tiring for them as I dragged them from one destination to another. I suppose in my mind I have to let them see as much as I can. KC was the driver and guide. We stopped at Sepang F1 Circuit. My first time ever visiting this place though it has been around for years.



There were many bikers around. It seems they gather during the weekends to race around the track. Their playground....otherwise where to put their toys to test??


Noise pollution as the bikers went around the circuit. Can't imagine myself here when there is an actual F1 race. I'll go deaf.

Before that, we saw some BMW cars being tested....the drivers drove real fast; make a slight swerve and brake real hard trying not to hit the skittles.






Then it was off to the cruise around the Putrajaya Lake....to view the various government buildings and imagining the huge sum spent on them. Interesting structures and bridges....impressive and makes Malaysia look good internationally......



Then it was off to dinner. Like flowers, could see most of us drooping. Guess it was quite tiring walking around and I'm sure the kambings were having jetlag.


I thought visiting Petaling Street would be interesting for tourists but it is one place which I myself don't visit. My second time here. We stopped for dinner first before going around the stalls.


It was crowded, dirty and the hawkers were rude. We saw a hawker shouting/scolding a Mid-Eastern boy. They were most unfriendly. I was hoping to strike a bargain when I asked for the price of a pair of slippers but the hawker put on the attitude like...if you can't pay the price; I'm not interested in selling to you.


When we visited HK, people warned us HK hawkers/vendors. Told us to bargain only if we seriously want to buy as they are real stuck up and have attitude. Well, I must say that Malaysian hawkers (though some of them are actually foreign workers) are not much better. I think the most polite hawkers are those from Thailand. They are so accomodating and keep smiling to you.


I will never bring visitors to this place again. It's a shame to Malaysia.


A bag of rambutans for RM20. Very expensive but Dan and Beth enjoyed it.


A tiring day but I enjoyed playing host and tourist guide to a very very old friend. Hopefully they enjoyed the day as much as us too. So to the kambings who have just started their holiday, continue to enjoy Malaysia with your family and friends.












1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

Petaling St was just to see things and not to buy, eh?
thank you very much - we had a great time esp at the Sepang F1 circuit