Monday, July 29, 2013

Banana walnut muffins

The kids are tired of sandwiches everyday and asked for a change in menu. So I decided to bake banana walnut muffins as requested by Lyn. I've tried a variety of recipes but can't remember where I found or kept them. Today I decided to keep the recipe I use in this blog or else I will forget again. 

Did some changes to the recipe below. Used cooking oil instead of butter. Used half a cup of brown sugar instead of the amount suggested. Can still reduce a little as it is still too sweet. Replaced coffee with cinnamon powder. 

The product: fantastic. As the cups I have are rather big I have only 10 muffins instead of 12. I reluctantly let KC ate one after his dinner. All of us took a pinch. Really great because it is so so nutty. A good healthy snack for the kids' recess. 

Now I have only 9 muffins left. Need to ration them because Lyn wants to share with her friends too. 


No comments: