Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dry season

The year 2014 started off windy. The wind was so strong that many times the clothes were blown away and I was not able to sun my prawn crackers as they would all be blown off the table. This is what we call the CNY wind. Weeks before CNY the wind turned cold. Some people said it's the north wind from Russia (????). Anyway the weather was so windy and cool that it's like being up in Cameron Highlands the whole time. 

After CNY the wind is still blowing but somehow the sun has turned scorching. To make it worse we have not experienced rain for many many weeks now. Today as I walked up the hill, I noticed the leaves under my feet is much thicker....more leaves have fallen due to the dry season. The path has cracked.
This is the top of the hill where it is totally exposed to the sun. The shrubs and grass are all dried up and burnt under the scorching sun. One just need to lit a match and I think the whole hill will be burnt. Quite a scary thought ... what if the hill caught fire while I am up there. Will I be able to run to safety on time?

We need rain and we need it real quick. Read the news that they will do cloud seeding....well, was it done or ...? The dam is drying up and water pressure has gone down. Soon there will be water rationing again....


No comments: