Thursday, December 15, 2011

my favourite pastime

One of the topics that the Form 1 students have to write at the beginning of the year is My Favourite Pastime. I'm going to write a short essay here on my favourite pastime this holiday. (hahaha)

This holiday (I sound so like a student), I've been enjoying quite a few things but there are three things that I enjoy best. Reading (top on the list), cross-stitching and watching mini-series on youtube.

Reading is my all time favourite. I've finished two of Ken Follet's books (Pillar of the Earth and World without End). Giving him a break...too long-winded and scandalous. Characters get all twisted one way or other; how frustrating. I'm still reading; rereading some of my old favourites.

Cross-stitching....it started off as Lyn's holiday project. She has so much to do too....reading, making origami, cross-stitching etc etc. As she was hardly moving, I decided to lend a hand. Now that she's away for camp, I've taken over the cross-stitching and I find it real soothing especially with Christmas music on.

Watching the mini-series is done mostly at night when KC is home. I've been watching a lot of 'Love come softly' series but gave up after a while because almost every woman ends up being a widow. Sigh....why must they make the story so complicated??

Looks like my favourite pastime involves a lot of energy from my eyes and I wake up every morning with heavy and panda looking eyes. I wish my eyes are stronger but as age catches up it gets worse. My eye-sight has never been good and one of my fear is going blind. I wonder will this happen one day? What am I to do if I can't read or watch tv???

Oh dear...the essay has gone out of topic.

No comments: