Saturday, December 1, 2012

Life of Pi

I've seen this book at the bookstores for quite a while but somehow Lyn and I just didn't think of buying the book or wanting to read it. When I saw it in the movies, I thought it must be some book that can be made into movie. So we decided to catch it yesterday.

I was so impressed right from the beginning. The effects, cinematography...was so powerful. This show can be viewed in 3D too and I can imagine how it would be like if viewed in 3D. I don't think I would enjoy it as my heart can't take too much excitement. Rolling with Pi over the waves and into the deep sea during the storm would be too much for me.

Pi short for Piscine Molitor Patel or also known as Pissing in school went through a dramatic life that is quite unbelievable. Brought up in a zoo. Lived in Pondicherry (which was under French influence)...so his family could read and converse in French. Lost his parents and brother in a shipwreck on their way to start a new life in Canada. He survived the turbulent sea with a tiger. This is the most intriguing part of the movie.

The whole movie was very effective for me right from the beginning where the various animals in the zoo were caught in action which we normally won't see. The scenes in the sea was frightening yet dramatic....

Here is one movie which in reality is quite unbelievable but brings a powerful reminder of the determination to live and making the most out of life regardless the situation.


 After this comes the Hobbit, really looking forward to it. We also saw a snippet from Les Miserables. This is THE movie which Lyn and I must see. I guess the only popular movie currently showing which we have yet to watch is Breaking Dawn...none of us is interested.

No comments: