Sunday, February 10, 2013

tradition lives on

It's the first day of the lunar year and I have to keep up the traditions. For once I am skipping church so that I can cook longevity noodle for the family. This has been done by mil for the past years and now I am continuing her legacy.
 The pot of soup boiling.....sea cucumber, abalone, rib, chicken, mushrooms, oyster, scallop with peppercorn.
 Stir-fried cabbage....
...and leek. Not sure why but these two vegetables is a must every first day of the lunar year. I just do what mil had been doing all along.
The final product....the soup with all its goodness plus vegetables with the longevity noodle. The noodle comes specially from Kajang....Hin Hua meesua and these Lim people are so particular about their mee sua. I have to make sure I've enough stock to feed them.

As mil is not around to supply me with the mee sua, I've to tumpang David when he gets the supply for his family. All the way from Kajang. Great breakfast.

And.....a very special greeting to my beloved man of 19 years....it's his birthday today.

No comments: