Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Nasi Lemak

Today is sports day. Held at Stadium Paroi as usual. This year I was given the task of herding the students up the busses to and for the stadium. 

Herding....yes. I felt like a cowherd. Busses were waiting outside the gate. I told the girls to cross the road and get on the bus. I turned back and found I was the only one crossing the road. I walked back and shouted at them to get moving. Most girls were taller than me as I wasn't wearing heels. They just look at me poker faced. 

They were too busy selecting busses and waiting for friends to arrive so that they can get on the same bus. 

Anyway after that awful task, Zu, Has and I went off to the stadium and stopped for breakfast at Gerai Pak Ali at the stadium. It serves all kinds of noodles, roti canai and Nasi Lemak. The Nasi Lemak comes with dishes of your choice like chicken rendang, clam sambal, clam rendang, squid sambal etc etc. Zu says the Nasi is great. My knees went jelly when I saw the clams and squids. But can't be greedy. So I had clam rendang Nasi Lemak. Fantastic. One of the best Nasi Lemak I've ever tasted for the price of RM4.50. Even the teh O kurang manis is nice....doesn't taste like drain water. 
At the end of the sports event we had to herd the students up the bus again. A different experience this time. As the weather was hot the girls stopped to buy drinks. As the bus drivers were rushing back to ferry their own regular passengers back from school,some didn't even wait for the bus to be totally full. Despite all our shoutings,  we were ignored. The girls dallied along and finally the last two busses were jam packed. Serves them right for expecting the bus to be there for them till they are ready to leave. 

Anyway....thank God for the Nasi Lemak. Gave me the strength to do my work today as a cowherd. 

1 comment:

ing said...

i want eat ..... ta pau for me next time m in ur place .....