Monday, June 13, 2011

a little surprise..

After class today I saw a plastic bag on my table with Buckingham Palace written on it. Who could have put it on my table? Then I saw a note saying, Happy Belated Teacher's Day, Vivian Lee.

What a surprise and such a lovely one. When I opened up the bag and saw the gift....it was even lovelier. Not sure if she went to London for holiday(yet to see her) but she definitely remembered me and History wherever she was. The mysterious looking bag:







The book she got for me...




















Every time when I teach Form 4 History; Chapter 9; I will definitely stop to tell the students stories from the English monarchy especially HenryVIII. I am so much into the story telling, maybe I might have added ajinomoto and tomato sauce to make it more interesting and thus the students remember the stories better than the facts from the text book itself.


Enjoyed this book; nothing new as I've read most of the stuff many times especially with Phillipa Gregory's books...I think I'm quite familiar with the English monarch. What intrigues me the most is the present order of succession to the crown. Do you know that Princess Beatrice and Eugenia of York are the 5th and 6th in line!!! Imagine if one of them becomes the Queen of England one day....what atrocious hat will she wear?????

No comments: