Monday, July 2, 2012

apple bobbing

I was asked to prepare a game for one of the parties last month. This is one area which I shudder...just don't have the creativity for fun activities like games.

After googling and searching, I could only decide on one game....which I think is simple enough for kids ages 4-11...apple bobbing.

So I went to church school with three new buckets and 30 apples. Filled up the bucket and placed 10 apples in each bucket. I removed the top stem from the apples so as to give the children more challenge. Little did I know that it was such a great challenge to them!!! (Maybe I should have tried it out myself at home to see the level of difficulty).

A few kids stood to the side and screamed to see saliva floating around. Emily kept asking me to change the water. She refused to put her head into the water. I did not of that and insisted they carry on with the game.

 There need to be a technic to doing this...push to apple to the side and try biting it...that's what the kids kept coaching the others.
En Hui was very determined to get an apple and she finally did!

Well, those of us watching had great fun watching and those playing had fun too screaming and being disgusted by the thought of saliva floating around.

No comments: