Thursday, July 5, 2012

peter and jane

My kids learnt to read through a variety of books. One of the most effective is Peter and Jane series. Found the set few weeks ago while Ing was here. I have up to Book 6...I think by the time they reached Book 6 they could read lots of other stuff.

Lyn was reading Enid Blyton books at the age of 6. I expected Dan to follow her footsteps but it didn't happen. He didn't enjoy reading as much as Lyn. Enid Blyton was totally out....too girlish for him. So I started buying books related to the animated movies he watched like Pirates of the Carribean etc. Then Geronimo Stilton came into the picture. Now he reads books like 'Hunger Games', the Eragon series and a lot more.

Every holiday we would visit the bookstore to get books for the holiday. For the past few years we had been visiting book fairs. The kids are hooked to books and they are not cheap. It's better than watching TV or going online/playing computer games.

Peter and Jane is one its way to Singapore. I told my nephews to read these books to their boys. So Wesley will have the books first and maybe after that Tristan. Told them that I don't mind having them back one day if they are still in good form. (They are meant to be passed to my grandkids...if I have any).



No comments: