Wednesday, August 8, 2012

tale of a tiny broken tooth

I woke up this morning with my gum swollen and throbbing. Touched the tooth and it was shaking. By the time I reached school, my left head was heavy and I was feeling really lousy.

It was an extremely busy day. Most of the stress is not even from teaching but from the preparation for the Patriotic Month. I'm under great pressure buying flags etc; spending thousands of ringgit...and now the next project is making hibiscus and flags from recycled items.

Work was piling up but I had to get to the dentist and Eric was the only dentist I could think of. Dan and I run to him every time we have tooth problem.

He did two x-rays. The gum and tooth was bad and I think he was surprised that I came to him this late when the problem was this serious. (I hate going to doctors.)

There was something in my gum. Asked if I remembered breaking any tooth in the past. Not that I am aware of. So he hunted the tooth which was embedded in the gum and managed to get it out. Then he stitched it up. I need to care for my shaky tooth as it might have to be extracted if the gum doesn't heal well.

Well, seemed pretty simple but it wasn't an easy surgery. Must give the dentist credit for his skill and expertise. There is not much bleeding swelling. Now ...about ten hours after the surgery, I feel slight throbbing...the only discomfort thus far.

I was given two days mc but I had to go back to school....not even to teach but to complete my paper work on the patriotic project.  I needed approval from the big bosses and inform the other teachers so that work can get started.

I paid RM150 for the whole procedure. Later Justine phoned to check on me. She said normally the procedure costs RM1500, I was only charged for the needles etc. Oh boy......

Well, a big thanks to the best dentist I've ever known...Eric Ting.

Now how did the broken tooth happen? I really have no idea. My conclusion is...it must have happened when I was young and ignorant. Why did it act up 30 years later? I must be under great stress that my body reacted this way!!!!

2 comments:

AJ7 said...

You too, huh???

PreciousPearl said...

aiyo, hope u r better soon!