Sunday, August 12, 2012

wastage

I am coordinating the patriotic month 'keceriaan' competition this year. We planned to have it extended to all panels instead of just keeping it between the History and Sivics panel. So different locations of the school are assigned to different panels to decorate.

As the coordinator, I also have to coordinate the purchases of flags, buntings etc etc so the clerk will not have invoices flying in from every corner. Decorating the different locations seems pretty simple to the various panels as all they need to do is buy a variety of flags etc and hang them up. That's when the orders come in and I get real busy calling the supplier, handling the purchases and distributing them. An the orders are not small!!!!

The school is now over-decorated with big small large medium flags, buntings .... hanging from the wall, the trees, the fences etc. Just last night, I did my paperwork to claim for the purchases and how much have it total up to??? RM4901!!!

That's not the end yet. Next week, some of us will be working on making bunga raya from cloth/plastic and 20x8 flag from coconut shells and 250ml boxes. I've not included the expenses incurred here yet.

How much closer are we to instilling the patriotic spirit in the students? What is the objective of this whole idea?? What am I doing and why am I doing this? Under orders to win the competition!!!! So as an obedient worker, saya mengikut perintah and I am all out to do my best to win win win!!!!

1 comment:

KEZEE said...

Tche, I'm very sure that your precious efforts will be repayed. The school looks rather patriotic and I'm sure that our school will WIN!!!