Tuesday, March 12, 2013

An unexpected surprise

Certain days are just so lousy. Today was one such day. I woke up tired and down. Work as usual had been stressful. Just last night I made a list of things that fill me and drain me. Work is a major area that drain life out of me.

Today is 1234.....my wedding anniversary. So when the kids got in the car, we were talking about the date...1234. 12 March...Dan asked what year was that and I replied 2004. I went on to tell him that the sis was born in 1996 and he in 1999. Puzzled...he asked me again a few times....

What a laugh when we realised that I was wrong with the year....it was 1994!!! 

Anyway....after a gruelling time in school and off to the bank to send off nelda's money home (unsuccessful because I forgot her hubby's phone number...I didn't bring my phone with me). Then went to immigration office to renew her visa. My number was called at 5pm. I was asked to pay and return to pick up the pasport the next day. No receipt ... nothing; stunned I didn't move but the clerk assured me that I just need to mention my name and I can get the passport. We'll see tomorrow....

By the time I reached home after unsuccessful chores...I was exhausted. So it was a real real sweet surprise when KC walked in the room with a bouquet of flowers. I didn't expect him to do this....not at all. I burst into tears...I guess with all the tiredness and stress I just couldn't control myself anymore.

Here are the flowers that made my day....he was never a flower sort of person but as he grows older he seems to be more 'flowery'?




No comments: