Friday, March 29, 2013

appendicitis


Dan is in the hospital for appendicitis. He has been complaining of tummy pain past week and I just took if for gas. He always has tummy pain. I promised to bring him to the doctor when we returned from Penang. 

Yesterday evening he was supposed to have tuition but he put on a sad face and said tummy pain. He doesn't really like going for tuition so I took it as excuse to avoid tuition. After a while he still looked pained....I decided to put a stop to this tummy pain issue. Told him we would go to a doctor and have him checked.

The doctor I wanted him to see wasn't open. The next clinic...too difficult to turn into that road. So decided on the third clinic...not  sure about this doctor...how good he is. He is an old man...sounds bit foreign; Pakistani I think. Checked, pressed etc and said appendix. Wanted me to check him into hospital immediately. Wrote me a referral letter.

I had my doubts....heard bout doctors especially from private hospitals simply removing appendix. Couldn't get to KC so decided to call good old Dr Lim. He told me to go to the hospital as the the other doctor suggests and not wait anymore. So here I am since last night.....

Anyway, before the surgeon touched him, he was touched by another doctor. So the surgeon was the third doctor to touch Dan. His magical press clinically proved that Dan has appendix and need to remove it. Waiting for an ultra sound scan now and later the doc will check Dan again.

No comments: