Monday, March 21, 2011

to cover or not to cover

We were eating at KLCC when a whole group of ladies in black walked in and sat at the table next to us. They were covered from head to toe and all that could be seen were the eyes. I'm sure you know what kind of people I'm talking about.

I looked or rather stared at them and discovered quite a few things. They are not local. Rather fair looking and narrow eyes. Very young...probably in their early twenties. Most of them are very slim as most yuppies are nowadays. I think many of them are quite good looking; which made me even more curious to get a closer look at them. The closest I could see was when one of them lifted the veil to shove some food into her mouth. I looked at them from top to bottom; trying to see if they wear anything else beneath the black outfit. Think did see something colourful jutting from the bottom of one of the gowns. Lovely walking shoes.

On my left were a few ladies in their normal outfit...scarf, baju kurung etc. Nothing unusual. Seen everything and all the same. Didn't even give them a second look.

But.....the other group....really made me curious. Now if a woman like me can be so curious by such a covered -up dressing; what more of the opposite sex?

So to cover or not to cover???

1 comment:

AJ7 said...

Individual's choice. But prob is most of the women who are totally garbed up are taught that they must.. your guess as good as mine why. I am glad that I have a choice not to. In our weather, it's just so uncomfortable. Why not the men cover up instead?? LOL!