Thursday, March 17, 2011

Missing you

I miss seeing him galloping across the garden from the front yard to the back and sliding across the slippery back porch tiles.
I miss seeing him perched over the ledge with his two front legs; looking over the fence....looking out for his nemesis.
I miss seeing him going into a frenzy when his nemesis walk by below. He would turn round and round and up to the ledge again, barking in frustration because he couldn't go out to pick a fight.
I miss seeing his ears perk up when I call Jackie....
I miss hearing him outside the back door when I come down in the morning; waiting for me to open the door and throw him a slice of bread.
I miss seeing him rushing to the back door when he hears the microwave door opens and gets excited when he hears it goes 'ting'....dinner is ready.
I miss seeing him lying under his table and giving me the lazy look.
I miss hearing him whining to be unleashed when I get out of the car.
I miss hearing him barking in the middle of the night ... giving me assurance that he is guarding the house.
I miss him nudging my feet and tickling his tummy with my toes.
I didn't even give him a hug or check him for fleas that day....
Farewell my dearest dearest pet....I didn't expect you to leave me so soon.





My dearest Jackie...ever smiling; died on 15th March; maybe 11am...in an accident at the corner in front of the house. I'm thankful for the 6 years we had together.

4 comments:

shantini lingam said...

I'm so sorry to read about Jackie, ting...Sooo sad!! Accident, u say? Any idea what knocked him down??

AJ7 said...

So sorry about your loss. 8(

ing said...

i also miss him ... the hse and garden so quiet now ....

PreciousPearl said...

aiyoh, so sad :( Good bye Jackie, hope you have a great afterlife in the kennel-in-the-sky