Wednesday, July 13, 2011

sports day

Sports Day is usually held at the beginning of the year. But this year the MOE has this funny idea about 1Murid 1Sukan thingy and want the Sports Day to be held somewhere around this time so that students can participate in sports all year round.

I just taught the topic about 'sukan sebagai unsur perpaduan' today (Chapter 8; Form 5 History). Well, there is 'Majlis Sukan-sukan Sekolah' which is at district, state and national level. So by right, sports should be held in school first, then the best will be chosen to represent the school in district sports and so on and so forth. But because of the word of one person; this has made the whole sports thingy upside down!!!! We are done with district, states and even national sports (SUKMA) but just had the school sports!!

Anyway....our sports days was on 11.7.11. I was one of the time-keepers. My first time in my whole life as a teacher. It was a most interesting experience. Had to sit on a staircase which they call 'tangga kambing'. Mr Stanley; who started each race with his big bang stood nearby on his little step too. Each time the trigger went off; I jumped off my seat!!! I learnt too that if he is across the field, I was too watch for the sign of smoke and not wait for the bang to press the stopwatch. Sitting on the tangga kambing was like being in a sauna!!!

I took part in 8x50m and how I ran with my short legs!!! It was such fun and we came in second. Of course we couldn't compare ourselves with the winner as most of them were members of the alumni; young and fit runners. My thighs are still aching especially when I go up and down the stairs.

Oh ya...not forgetting the 'senamrobik' before the whole event started off. Some of us stood behind the stage and danced along after having a heavy breakfast!

Mr Stanley is invited to our sports day without fail every year to start the running events. According to Pn Shantini (Mr Stanley was her neighbour); his hearing is still good despite the exposure to such loud sounds. He is already in his 70s. The five of us seated on the tangga kambing are the time-keepers with En Rahim as the head time-keeper.

Do I want to be a time-keeper and run again next year? Yes to both questions. This has been the most interesting job compared to the other jobs that I did previous years. I surprised myself as to how much I actually enjoyed running just for the fun of it.

It's time for me to start doing different things and be more daring!!

1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

tangga kambing! hahaha! welcome to the entrance portal to Goatville! LOL