Saturday, February 18, 2012

pedometer

I've installed this application in my iPhone and I find it very useful. It may not be totally accurate but at least whenever I climb the hill it shows me how I am doing each time.

This is the reading from today's hike up Kepayang Hill. 5017 steps in 85mins; covering 3.7km. I really felt good achieving this. Going up took us 17mins, then we went straight down to the quarry. Reached there in 10mins. Then we went up again. Wow....it was difficult at first as the body was trying to adjust to the weight on the back as we climbed uphill.

Reached the roundabout 13mins later and headed right....downhill. We decided to take the most challenging route up again....Rocky Mountain. Two guys ran past us...really fit. And we thought we were very fit....as we huffed and puffed uphill...most difficult. Had to stop a few times to rest and drink. Reached the 20mins later. The sky was dark....no time to rest...so off we went downhill again and reached the car in 15mins!!!!


Our collection of stones....now we carry empty bags for the first part of the hike. Pick up stones as weights for the second part. Bring the stones home to be used to decorate the garden!!




4 comments:

emily @ shinyshampoo said...

is that even legal?

Sia Mooi said...

is what legal??

PreciousPearl said...

picking up rocks to take home...

Sia Mooi said...

hmmm...maybe u ppl are right. I won't carry dem back...already here but from now on I'll carry my dumbells ie 6lbs or 2.72kg and KC can carry his...5kg.