Wednesday, February 29, 2012

from my garden...

I love being in the garden in the evening or early in the morning before I drive off to work. Just feel very peaceful looking at my potted plants. Lately life has been draining me from this little pleasure....I didn't even notice that the passion fruit had flowered and there are fruits!!!

The passion fruit is a creeping plant. Four sticks (some from KC's collection) are put up and Nelda pulled strings across the poles from one end to another. This structure is above Ma's vegetable patch. Ever since she fell sick, there are no more ladies finger or any vege in her patch. Now we have a pineapple plant, pandan, mint, basil, serai....above is the passion fruit creepers.

This evening was pleasantly surprised to see the fruit...two infact. The above picture is the bigger fruit. Now to wait for the fruit to ripen and hopefully we get to harvest lots of them.

This pot of lilies hardly bloom. Last weekend saw two blooms and two buds. Really rare. Maybe the fertiliser which I'm using now works better. Used to have a large patch of spider lilies in the old house which are so much hardier compared to these daity lilies. The flowers definitely brightens the garden.

Reminders that I need to walk in the garden more often and talk time to smell the flowers. What's the use of having a nice garden with lovely flowers if I have no time to enjoy it.

No comments: