Friday, May 11, 2012

Yap Kai Tien

She was 17. I taught her history in 4Alpha. One of my best students in that class.

Five years ago when she first came to school she was already different. Her head is always covered with bandanna. She had leukaemia. She took a year off. That is why she was in form four this year.

Today I cancelled her name from my record. She passed away yesterday morning. We made a collection from the teachers and students, totalling up to 1224.90. Then the whole 4A got on the bus to pay her our last respects.

17 years on earth and she tried her best to live to the maximum. I am glad I had the chance to get to know her personally this year. God bless your soul Kai Tien.

1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

oh dear, that is very sad. condolences to her family & friends