Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Discipline again??

I thought I would not be in the Disciplinary Board this year as the job list was distributed more than a month ago and my name wasn't on the list. What shock I had when I saw my name on the list this afternoon. I went to the Staff Room to clean up my table and prepare for Friday...but I left totally disheartened. For a moment I thought I would burst into tears....just couldn't believe my eyes.

I guess this is how hard work and dedication is paid. Since I was so good in the job; they just have to keep me. No matter how I plead and beg...they won't let go of me. I am actually not that good...I am definitely not good at all. Sigh.

I think I am the only teacher who is being retained over and over in the Disciplinary Board and also the longest serving. Let go of me a year; pull me in again.....This is the punishment for working hard.

So what lesson to learn from this? Don't go to school till the MC is over. Don't be too fast and super-efficient. Close both eyes to the faults of the students and smile when they do wrong and say do some more....instead of punishing them.

Anyway, I won't shout or scream at any of the students this year because Joy is less than 6 months and I don't want it scratched like Apple unless KC returns Apple to me and I drive Apple instead. But I don't want Apple scratched again. So??? No need to discipline the students...just smile and be nice to them.

Sigh...work is work...have to do means have to do. I will not shirk from my task but of course have to do a bit of negotiation...wonder if they take any task away from me or is this just an added task?

5.2.10...it was a mistake. Somebody couldn't get my name off her head. What a relief.

3 comments:

AJ7 said...

Yup! And keeping you there doesn't come with the usual promotion that would come if your color is right. I'm in the same quandary. After been the SPM sec for so many years, was promised that I'd be let go this year. It was all crap talk. So this year, I've had enough, now I don't do extra. For being efficient, I got saddled with being class teacher. All the work, to be somebody's donkey. But no way your name will come up if there is any opening.

ing said...

Commit everything you do to the Lord, trust in Him and He will help you. (Prov 37:4)

Cheers

AJ7 said...

Yup! God has been good to me in many ways... hence this year I am starting to speak up.... 8)