Friday, February 26, 2010

FRESH BREAD

I have a new toy today!!! Bought myself a new bread machine. The old one konk off after serving me for maybe 8 years? It's a Kenwood and costs RM450.00. The price has dropped compared to last year.

Lyn and I were so excited. We took out the Betty Crocker book which EE got for us. I wanted to bake cinnamon raisin bread but replace the raisins with cranberry. Unfortunately the cinnamon expired 2008. So we tried the above recipe instead; replacing the walnut with nibbed almond because Harp Key has run out of walnut due to the festive season.

The machine kneading the dough. So much excitement. Every now and then Dan would climb on the kitchen stool to peep into it.


After waiting for more than 3hours, finally the loaf of chocolate almond bread is done. The smell that wafts through the whole house is heavenly. All of us love bread....whatmore freshly baked ones.



The top seems to sink in a bit after it cools. But the texture is wonderful. The bread is really soft and nice. It would definitely be nicer with walnuts. Must get them soon.
This is just the beginning of our bread baking. The job of baking the bread is Lyn's. It will be like those days when we return home from school and she starts preparing so that the bread would be done by 8pm and have time to cool before we go to bed.
Now that we have the Betty Crocker book; probably we will have a lot more varieties. I have noted down the various nuts and seeds and herbs that I need to pick up; not forgetting cheese. Yummy!!!!
I wonder how long this machine will last.



No comments: