Saturday, February 13, 2010

firecrackers

It's the reunion evening. After dinner, we got the kids to play firecracker. Almost every year Ong will buy firecrackers for the kids. This set is from last year's. A few types. There is one in a square box. KC propped it on a tin and placed in the garden. Asked me to get the camera ready. So I got ready to take shots.



I almost jumped out of my skin when the firecracker went off. It was totally wild and loud. I was frightened as there is no water today and the weather is horribly dry. What if a fire starts?



In my bewilderment I still managed to catch this. I wasn't enjoying it at all. It went real high and I was so afraid sparks would land on the roof. Ah Yean was afraid the tin might topple over and the firecracker hit us instead of going upwards.


Finally...after what seemed like a long while it died down. I will never ever allow such a cracker to be lighted in my house again. It is so common in the new villages like Kg Koh New Village; let's just keep it there.

1 comment:

BuffaFly said...

cikgu ah... firecrackers is illegal lehh..... polis tangkap how?