Saturday, October 16, 2010

ptk

It was announced yesterday that this examination will be replaced with some other form of assessment next year June. Sigh. Such fickle minded people....how many types of changes we teachers have gone through in regards to our assessment as teachers and how to give us increment in our salary etc etc.

Anyway....today is my last time hopefully to sit for that exam and I am not proud to say that I have been busy reading story books instead of books related to the papers I am sitting for. From my experience; whether I read or not my results will be almost the same. I have achieved a grade of 3 for both papers with and without effort of studying. Of course people have told me had I studied, I would have achieved grade 4 which is the grade to get in order to get an upgrade in salary scale plus a jump.

I was a diligent student when I was young but I realised (long ago) that as a teacher, I am the worst student. I just don't find joy reading academic books anymore for the sake of sitting for exam. Perhaps if there is no exam, I would have enjoyed the knowledge that I gain from reading them.

Another bad trait of mine, I am not an achiever ( I was quite competitive as a student last time). That is why I did not study at all and have no idea where my books are. I know I'm setting a bad example for my kids...hope they don't catch it from me. But I wasn't like this when I was a student....honestly.

Ok....better get ready....about time to leave and take the bull by its horns. Am not hoping for anything...just to get over with it and know that I have given myself a chance.

Why am I babbling like a nervous student?

2 comments:

ing said...

.. because u did not study n need sit for the exam ... la la la ...

AJ7 said...

Yup they are fickle. I too wonder what the replacement for ptl will be like. I got my 4 on the last try... the joke is I went out of the exam hall after 1/2 an hour cos I didn't know what else to do. More of grace than anything of my own, I realize. Was the same when I took it at dg 41, first I flunked but on remarking, I cleared both. Not by my might but by grace. Hoping for the best for you. 8)