Sunday, January 9, 2011

fruit smoothie

Ing had been trying to convince me to get this fruit juicer for a long long time. She thinks that it is so wonderful because everything is blended till fine and there is no wastage.

Finally, last holiday, she told me that she can get it with some redemption vouchers for about RM199. I agreed to her to stop her from pestering me. When the gadget arrived in the house, I just threw it in a corner; hoping to give it to her as a christmas present. Unfortunately, somebody is already giving it to her for christmas.

I dislike putting gadgets in the kitchen as it clutters the place. I dislike taking it in and out of the cabinet; so it will eventually become a white elephant.

When I visited CC in Singapore, she blended all sorts of fruit juices for us to drink. There was starfruit, apple, orange, mango and whatever fruits she has. It was wonderful. She is a strong believer of drinking fresh fruit juices. I went to her tiny and cluttered kitchen and saw the juicer. It is the same as mine!!!!!! I told myself; if she has space for it in her tiny kitchen, then I must have space in mine too.

So here begins my passion for blending fruit juices. About twice a day if I'm hardworking. Lyn helps too. If I am not in a hurry in the morning, each of us will have a mug of juice(except Dan) before leaving the house.



Here is the juicer. I have a whole pineapple (after I cut it; not much left) and half a guava in there. The apple cider+ honey is on the left and there is maple syrup to sweeten it. I put a spoon of each. Then I add a cup of water.


This shows the various functions on the machine. I start off by pressing the smoothie for a while. After that, I will add ice; so press the ice function. Pulse is used if the machine is heavy and need more energy.


Ice....I skip this most of the time as I don't like my juice very cold.


After blending, this is how the juice looks like.




For this amount of fruits and water, I get 1 mug and 2 big mugs of juice. It is simply delicious especially with the apple cider plus honey.
I have tried quite a variety of combination. I put whatever fruits that I have in the fridge except banana and papaya. All of them taste good. I even put asamboi in....nice sourish tinge to it!!


3 comments:

ing said...

hahahha ... u mean u wanted to "trick" me into buying my own Christmas gift? At the end I told that person dont buy ... bit dont want it now cos my own hse ... so .. susah want to keep around la ...
try pineapple and red dragon fruit ... u will not regret it ... just this 2 combination ... no need anything else

AJ7 said...

Eh! Piple unblocked ad??? The fruit juice did the trick, huh? LOL!

Sia Mooi said...

Ya...the juicer unblockd the system...not bad hah...helps not only the health but also the brains.