Monday, January 31, 2011

wet and cold and dreary

It has been raining continuously for the past three days. I have to iron dry my clothes. The weather is cloudy, gloomy and cold. I wear socks in the house because the floor is too cold.

This dreary weather does not help my mood. Today is the worst of all cloudy days. Ma complained of back pain (for quite a few days). So this morning we sent her to see Dr Lim. After an x-ray, he found her lumbar has collapsed. It had happened before about 5 years or so ago. It was worse that time; she couldn't even get out of bed.

She is to go home with Ing today. After a jab of pain-killer and lunch; she was ready to leave. It was almost 7pm when Ing phoned to tell me she couldn't wake Ma up. It seemed Ma had fallen into unconsiousness. Her tongue had rolled upwards and bro-in-law couldn't feel her pulse. I panicked and started screaming in fright(I know I shouldn't do that; my apologies to Ing). It was just so shocking and unexpected. I told Ing to go straight to the hospital. I was crying in fright. Had KC sms Pastor and Justine to pray.

When Ing was reaching the hospital, she shook Ma again and she opened her eyes and said; 'we have reached is it?' She was surprised that she was in front of the hospital and quickly said, 'I'm well now; don't need to go to the hospital.'

The relief and joy to hear Ma talk. They returned to sis' house to feed her dinner. What a relief to know that she has big appetite and could eat well even though everything was tasteless.

That was the drama during this cloudy and moody day.

With so much rain; the boys had not the chance to try out the new bike. In desperation, they cycled in the rain around the garden. Here are some pictures of them.


Setting out in the rain.

Have hat will travel. The ground is totally wet and the floor is slippery.

The garden is full of puddles.....they dirtied the porch.

Finally, thank God all is well despite the dreary weather and we pray for a good lunar year celebration. Blessed Rabbit Year to all who celebrate too.

No comments: