Saturday, January 29, 2011

pre-cny celebration

It's the time of the year again where all we think about is food, food and more food. When I was a kid, ma will buy a few types of cookies and put them high up on the cupboard so that we can't reach for them and 'curi makan'. They are meant to be opened up and eaten on CNY day.

I am totally opposite. I have baked my favourite choco nut cookies and bought a variety of other cookies. I told the kids to eat and eat and eat....while they are still fresh. When CNY comes, there is so much of other food to eat; they won't be interested in the cookies anymore. So eat.......Here are pictures of the cookies and food which we have already started eating before CNY. (Some of the pics are blur because I was too lazy to open the container to take the pic.)


The choco nut which I baked. We have already finished a big container.

This is cornflake cookies....real crispy and nice. I bought this from PBS. Persatuan Berdikari Seremban is a community of kids with disabilities. The trainers helped and supervised them to bake the cookies. One small bottle is RM12, I bought 5 because it's real good.


Ngaku or arrowroot chips. Supposed to be very easy to fry but I'm too lazy for this kind of stuff. We love this. We've finished two bottles. I bought 8 all together. 4 from Caryn...hmmm not so good and 4 from Joyce Wan (a student)....very good. It's thick and crispy and really has the uuumph.

Bakua or pork jerky. This box is almost finished. The price keeps increasing. I used to spend RM100 and get 4 boxes. Now it's RM39 perbox.


Extra picture...don't know how to delete.
My all famous keropok. I fried two containers. One all sealed up to be taken home to Sitiawan. Sealed up so that Ing will not 'curi makan'; otherwise when CNY comes, there is nothing left. The other container; finished half. Ate with acar for dinner just now. Acar is also for CNY. I bought two containers. Think not enough. Will finish before CNY. Need to get more.
This is choco cookies which I bought from Pn Halimatun. Really thick and rich in taste and crispy. Half a container gone. Bit expensive. RM35.
Seaweed crisp. Just opened up a bottle and we are all snacking on it. Bought it from Joyce. She charged me real cheap. Did my calculation and found that each bottle is only about RM14; much cheaper than Caryn's.
Mandarin oranges....we've already finished quite a few. This is a new box. Dan seems to like it a lot. Pretty careful in consuming this as it can cause bad cough. KC and Dan just recovered from it.

1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

hepiliuyer to you and your family, Auntie SM. Hope the supposed plagues of bunnies for the year brings lots of joy and prosperity to you :D