Sunday, October 16, 2011

from big bad wolf to logos

The adventure started when I drove home from Nilai Spring Resorts yesterday. Spent a night there with KC who had to work. I was on the middle lane. A big truck carrying cars was in front of me and another big wheeler next to me. Suddenly I heard a loud bang....checked the rear mirror; nothing behind. Looked front, the truck with cars was swaying slightly and swerving to the left. As it moved to the left sparks were coming from the back left wheel. One of the tyre had burst. I moved to the fast lane and rim came speeding towards me; quickly moved in to middle lane again. Thank God cars at the back were quite a distance and the big wheeler was also alert.

Reached home, Nelda was worried. Ma was bleeding everytime she did her big business. I checked her potty and saw it looked quite serious. Took her to Dr Lim immediately. Nothing from the rectum; Dr Lim suspects it's from further in. Need to do colonoscopy. Ing and I will be working that out this week. The bleeding has stopped after medication but we need to know what is happening inside and treat it.

Then cousin CYean and her brother came with their spouses and her daughter. I just came back from the hospital. Ma was really happy to see them and could identify each one of them without mistake. Took them for beef noodles during lunch time. Immediately after lunch; KC called to say he is done and waiting for us.

Went home; packed the kids into the car and off we go book-hunting!!!!!!!

Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is in UPM. It started early in the month I think. Today is the last day. Totally packed with people and books. Can faint look at the books and especially the price. Kids went their direction, I went on my own and KC on his own. I picked a whole lot of books on Amish romance. At the end I had to select the books that have a complete set. Don't want to read books and not find the next book or the book before. The most expensive books I saw was RM10; kids books were as cheap as RM3. The most expensive book we bought was RM10. We bought 13 books for RM106. Dirt cheap!!!!!! Lyn was upset that we didn't come earlier because the titles which she wants are no longer there. We will start early next year...don't care about the crowd. We shall jostle and elbow everyone there to get to the books.

Next destination was Logos Hope. According to KC it's berthed at Star Cruise Harbour. As it was evening, we decided to have dinner first. Since we are going to Klang; I suggested Klang Bakuteh. Googled and found Klang Lek Bakuteh. Typed the address into google map and the light started blinking and showed us the way. (We used the same map to get to the book sale; pretty accurate till the end where it showed a dead end and we had to jump through some hedges and field to get to the building.)

I had to be the co-driver; reading the map and making sure that the dot was still blinking on the highlighted track. It wasn't easy especially if I had to read it from the opposite as I get the left and right all confused. I lifted the ipad for KC to see and he almost drove up a curb! Sigh....told him to get a GPS but he thinks I sound better than the GPS. We managed to get to the shop; after passing a temple and some villages.

The steaming hot bakuteh. The taste is different from what I am used to. It's not so strong; milder in taste and aroma but very nice. The only thing we missed was yauchakueh.


Jasmine tea is a must after eating so much oily meat. Ate lots of meat yesterday; earlier was beef.


We get to choose our own tea. There is a kettle on a stove next to us; so we can keep pouring hot water into the pot. Such practical way of serving tea. A satisfying dinner.


Consulted the map and off we go again....passing through a cowboy town.

Stopped at this traffic light. Above us is a highway. Next to us is a row of shoplot...the highway is almost touching the top of the building. What a way to build the road.

Following the map we ended up in a different place. Asked an Indian man and he said we had already passed the place...it's Glenn Cruise. It has changed name and Google had not updated it. Anyway, Google Map is not reliable to bring us to the actual destination. It can bring us to somewhere around the area but after that we have to figure our own way to get to the exact location. Finally we reached the harbour....yes...we remembered the place. We were there many years ago when Doulos berthed there.

Wanted to take a picture of the signage but somebody appeared suddenly in front of me.


It was past 7 when we reached. So the ship was lighted and bright. There was hardly a queue except when going up the ship. Guess it's late and the crowd has left.


The three of us before going up the ship. When we visited Doulos years ago, we bumped into Wong Kam Fook and his girls. We were in USM together.


Lots of books of a variety titles. Saw a few of the Amish books which were at BBW but it's more expensive here; by RM4. I decided not to buy any but Lyn picked up quite a few. The books are still cheaper than the local book stores.


Dan picked a book on how to play the guitar. Only 600 units, he said. 100 unit = RM8. That's RM48!!!! I watched him carrying the book all over. After a long while, I couldn't stand it anymore. Wonder why the father did not talk to him. I called him over; asked him to show me the book. Words and pictures on chords etc. Had to tell him that the father can teach him for free. And...with a book; it's even more difficult to learn. He plays the drum and the piano....with people teaching him. Of course he will learn the guitar with somebody teaching him too! Maybe I was a bit hard but I felt I was being fair and practical...knowing him the book will be a white elephant in no time.

Later when I asked the father why didn't he talk to the son, he said he did...he asked the son to choose wisely! Sigh...I'm always the bad person...putting my foot down.

MY books.........RM8 each. Amy Tan is for Chan...she likes Amy Tan's books.


Lyn's books........she spent the most!


KC bought a few too. Dan spent only RM8. He already has Rick Riordan's books; so no need to get them. Well....the book-hunting was really enjoyable. A most fruitful but tiring day.

















No comments: