Tuesday, October 4, 2011

making memories with 5 Theta

There are 27 students in 5 Theta 2011. A rather small class compared to the other Form Fives but the amount of noise, fun, craziness and mischief that come from this class is triple or more than the others.

Today is Stephanie's birthday. Stephanie is the class monitor; rather small girl who can be very stern and organized. Sai had been her hyper excited self since I entered for relief at 10.10am. With such excitement oozing from her; I'm not surprised that her planned surprise for Stephanie is no surprise at all. She was practically bouncing up and down her seat and moving about restlessly the whole time I was in class. On her face were written the words :STEPHANIE, WE HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU!

Anyway, when I entered the class at 1.10pm, I was reminded again it was Steph's birthday. Since the PMR exam was over for the moment; I allowed them to sing Happy Birthday to her softly. But they went off loudly, clapping their hands and singing in four languages!!! Then at 2pm this funny group of girls decided that they need to go out to get THE cake. So I said aloud, 'Go get the cake quickly la...' How was I to know I was to be quiet about it? I thought everybody knew a cake was coming up soon.....so I leaked the surprise (which I think was no surprise at all to Steph).

The cake came in from the next class with another round of singing. They invited Pn Nallina (their ex-English teacher who has moved to another school but doing PMR invigilation here) to join them and she turned up suddenly to add more excitement. I went down to get tissue paper and ran up lintang pukang to take pics etc. It was indeed such a flurry as the girls couldn't focus on the Kedah Trial Paper 1 which I made them to do. Oh well.....it's Stephanie's 17th birthday and doesn't happen everyday...let them have fun. The birthday girl with her cake which Sai got from the shop last night.


Some of the girls....


Stephanie, Pn Nallina, Sai and myself....there was so much comments from Elya who was sitting behind. What a bunch of noisy, talkative girls...gave me a headache!


To Stephanie, Blessed birthday again. To the rest of 5Theta, it was fun just now and it is enjoyable teaching all of you. All the best in your SPM!





No comments: