Friday, October 28, 2011

jalan-jalan cari makan

On Diwali day, we took a drive to KL (the usual trip for book-hunting during holiday). Before we started book hunting, we dropped by Low Yatt Plaza and Sg Wang to get accessories for brother's sony xperia. We ended up by a new cover for my iphone and also headphones for Dan.

Then we headed to KLCC as the kids needed to check out Kinokuniya. Next destination...Sunway Pyramid. KC had to show me how to drive home from Sunway as I got lost when I drove Ma for checkup on Tuesday. Brother wanted to get me a GPS but I declined...I don't intend to drive around KL so I have every excuse not to drive if I don't know the way. Driving is too stressful.

Here are some pictures of some of the food we ate that day. At Sunway we went to Simply Penang for dinner. Was so hungry that I forgot to take most of the pictures.
This is oyster egg...nice. Oysters were pretty big.




Nyonya rice...I love this. Kunyit kembong (excellent), barbequed prawns (really good) a little of prawn shrimp sambal and turnip at the corner. There was also a small bowl of curry and sambal belacan. Lyn and I shared this plate of rice and we enjoyed it totally.




I love drinking 'patpoh ping' when I was studying in Penang. So I ordered this patpoh with cincau and longan. It was so so sweet. The herbal taste of patpoh not strong enough. Maybe drowned by the cincau. So so...




Brother had asam laksa. He was choosing between this and prawn noodle and I insisted he try asam laksa because it is difficult to find good laksa in Seremban unless I cook. It's nice, very thick (mine a bit watery...maybe they add cornflour???) but not sour and spicy enough.



As for the rest of the dinner, I didn't take pictures but I think we enjoyed our meal here. Can visit this place again.






This next two pictures should come first but I messed them. This was our lunch which we too at Low Yatt Plaza. We saw Soup Express and the bread looked so inviting. So Lyn and I shared bread in soup while the rest took pasta and sandwich. The serving is not too big but good enough as we are not very big eaters.



Those square looking bowls are actually bread. That was the thing that caught our attention.




Soup in bread. It's placed on a tray. Cut the bread into small pieces and let the soup flow to the tray and soak up the bread. Fantastic. I love the soup and the bread. Definitely will come for this again.













No comments: