Saturday, March 10, 2012

one true thing and lost in austen

Sometimes it's hard to find good movies on youtube...but this past week I've seen two great movies worth reviewing. Just finished watching One True Thing acted by two of my favourite actresses : Renee Zelwegger and Meryl Streep. It's pretty long....13 parts in all but worth sitting through and watching.

I guess I'm able to identify with the show because I am a daughter just like the role played by Renee and caring for my ailing mother (though my ma is not as dramatically ill as the role played by Meryl Streep).

Very touching and true. Thought provoking....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnqh7Am7wtE&feature=related

The other movie which I've thoroughly enjoyed was Lost in Austen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtMGODiaS7U . I've read, watched Pride and Prejudice many times and fallen in love with Mr Darcy over and over. When I saw this movie...oh my...it really feeds my imagination. Imagine being transported to Austen world and being one of the characters in the story. I love this movie....and what an ending!!!

This is a movie where one should not use the brain to rationalise. Just watch, don't think...and enjoy it.

No comments: