Tuesday, March 6, 2012

the ugly Malaysian 2 .....

I was coming out of the school gate. It was jammed as usual. A colleague's car was in front of me and she couldn't move as no cars were moving up ahead. She was in the yellow box and thus blocked the other cars from going forward.

After quite a few minutes, the driver of the car that she blocked came out and started shouting. Don't know what transpired but it ended with the man shouting, 'Go to ....!!'

Totally disturbing.....1. The child of the man (a student from our school) was seated in front and watched the whole scene. What does it say to her? If the teacher (or anybody) is at the wrong, just march up and shout foul words at the person. Afterall the father is showing the example. How wrong can the father be?

2. What can my colleague do? She was stuck herself (her fault) but she can't move front or back or left as she is hemmed in on all sides. Is there no grace or mercy for a person who has made a mistake?

3. Students were watching....no wonder there is no respect for teachers nowadays because parents themselves think teachers are not worth respecting. Is this what we want to teach our young people nowadays? Not respecting the teachers, which may eventually turn into not respecting the elderly which will eventually turn to not respecting the parents themselves....

Well, human race of the Earth...what have we become? Is there anymore decent fellow humans around who practice tolerance, forgiveness, kindness, patience etc etc etc???

I had an encounter myself with an ugly Malaysian last holiday. I parked my car into a narrow parking lot at Tesco. Got out of the car...it was real narrow, I had to squeeze myself out of the car. Immediately I heard somebody shouting at me in Cantonese as to how terrible I was to knock her car. I was stunned...I didn't even realised I knocked her car. It was narrow; of course my door would have knocked against her door...otherwise how on earth am I going to get out.

I apologised to her but she didn't let up. She went on and on and on to scold me that I was inconsiderate of other people and how when she gets out of her car she would be real careful not to knock other cars. I was like.....what did I do wrong to deserve this from a stranger (then again she's not really a stranger...she's a church member who decided not to recognise me).

I gave up trying to explain....I apologised to her again and told her that I'm probably very rough and it's my style to open the doors roughly and bang into other people's car.

Ok....I may be in the wrong though I think it would happen to anybody getting out of the car like that...but I apologized immediately.

1. Is it very difficult to accept an apology and be gracious to the party that is wrong?

2. Is there another approach to this matter? Must one shout, make a scene and degrade another human being to show how superior one is?

You know what? I am sick and tired of the human race that is petty, selfish, unkind....But I have learnt not to allow such people to spoil my day ....

Anyways........the issue I am trying to bring up is...what kind of society are we creating? We referring to us adults....parents, teachers, aunts, uncles, grandparents....Who are we to blame if the next generations have no morals and values? TEACHERS????

No comments: