Friday, November 9, 2012

domestic violence

Interesting how many different covers this book has. This is the cover of the book which I have  just finished reading. It was given to Lyn by her friend Anarista. She has not read it herself though she has lent it to many of her friends. She screamed when she saw me bending the book too much. How on earth am I to read if  I can only open the book in the shape of a small V??? It has to be bent and arched...that's the way to enjoy a book. Even Dan has been trained by her to open the books real small....funny to see a huge boy holding a book in a gentle way and like peeping into it instead of reading it fully!!!

The story is about this woman Katie who ran away from her abusive husband. The trauma and psychological effects on her. My second time reading a book on domestic violence.

Just wondered why she didn't just file for a divorce and let the court keep her safe? I suppose the story won't be as interesting as to having her husband hunt her down.

Like all other NS books.....sweet and nice and this one has a good ending but a little weird. Won't spoil the fun by telling you what is weird...

I'll rate it 7/10.....

No comments: