Friday, November 9, 2012

the Orange Frog

I hate frogs. Disgusting. Wanted to wrap the book at first so that I don't have to touch the pictures. But they are so many frog illustrations in the book that I got used to looking at it.

The book was given to KC by don't know who. It just appeared by the bedside one day and I saw him reading it. It's pretty thin...69 pages with colourful froggy illustrations.

One night I wasn't able to sleep...stressed by school. So he told me a bedtime story....the Orange Frog. I fell asleep.

So when I started my reading spree, I thought this book should be easy to read as it is real thin.

A motivational book Shawn Achor who taught Psychology at Harvard. A book on positive thinking in a story style using frogs as characters. How frogs who were originally orange turned to green because of an infection. Then came along a frog who had orange spots and more spots appeared when he dared to be different and can't be bothered with what others think but just enjoy what he enjoys doing.

Well....that means standing out for who we are....simple book to encourage us to continue doing what we believe in even when others pressure us to conform to the norm. Stand out and dare to be different. Not easy .... but reading it is easy. Just words. A feel good book.


1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

awwww, so cute of Uncle KC to read a bedtime story to you :-D