Wednesday, November 28, 2012

rise of the guardians

Went to watch this movie with the kids. Brought Silas and Lucas with us too. Lucas was feverish but didn't want to miss out on the fun. We went to Pizza Hut for lunch before going for the movie.

I didn't know what the movie was all about....thought it might be nice. Should have read the synopsis before bringing the kids for the show. The kids enjoyed it so much. I was half dozing in the middle of the movie but heard lots of laughing and commenting. In my mind I was thinking....what crap....totally wrong.

Easter bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, Bogeyman, Jack Frost....characters from fairy tales which kind of blind the truth.....like Easter brings hope but who gives that hope actually? Not mentioned. We know Christmas is not about santa claus. If it is about santa claus....woe to me for celebrating Christmas.

After the movie I told the kids whatever is shown in the movie is not true. Well, Lyn actually got upset. She said I would say such a thing. She wanted to enjoy the movie as it is....I don't know. I've been brought up to revere Easter and Christmas...they are sacred to me.

Not too comfortable with the show. Anyway....it put me to sleep...so I think it isn't that great after all. I'm looking forward to Hobbits come December.

1 comment:

AJ7 said...

I took my kids and friend's kids for the movie too... I'd prefer to focus on the themes... belief, hope than on the Sandman, Santa Claus, Jack Frost, Minion... etc,

The animation was awesome. But I think Disney makes better movies.