Wednesday, April 27, 2011

racoon

Racoon came to our lives on 23.4.11. It was after much persuasion from Yeow that I finally agreed. Was really reluctant to take in a pet as I didn't want to love and be hurt again after that. After reading Yeow's persuasive and convincing mails, I decided to let Racoon into my life.

When I reached home from work on 23.4; he was already at home. I went straight to have a look at him. He jumped on me; hugged me and licked me all over my face. Well, what can I say? My heart just melted. He did the same to KC too.

Racoon is a spitz-husky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitz. He is very much a toy dog in a way but as we are not used to having pets in the house; we decided he has to stay out even though he loves to run in the house. We are training him to not sneak into the house behind our backs.

He has very soft and long fur. Tends to shed (which we didn't quite like as Jackie had the same problem). So far he is still not smelly...hopefully we can keep him that way; nice smelling.

As he is very friendly; we doubt he can be much of a watchdog. Probably just to keep us company and make lots of noise in the otherwise quiet garden.

He loves to go for car rides according to Yeow. So I was quite surprised when he climbed into the car and seated himself when I left the door open. I reversed the car a little as I wanted to have it washed. When I got out and asked him to get out too, he actually moved to the further end!!! Just like a kid who is not satisfied with a short ride.

He loves to lick our faces and be hugged. He loves to just push himself close to us. Well, how can we not such an affectionate dog???


Racoon on the grass. He loves the grass and rain. I think it's because it's cooling.

He loves to bite our hands (friendly bites).


Checking for fleas. A little while after he arrived, ticks started crawling all over the porch. Must have come out of the grass. We tackled the problem immediately. Today there are still a few on him but should be gone in a day or two. We bought the necessary stuff for getting rid of fleas from Dr EE the very next day.



The happy new owners of Racoon.



Yeow; the previous owner who is missing his 'baby'. Well he made the choice to let Racoon go...so he had better not regret as we are not returning Racoon to him!!!!!!!!








3 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

awww.... so sweet! just like having a new baby!!!!! lol

Sia Mooi said...

lol...ya i know...this one is already a kid; not a baby now.

Annie@Ambriel said...

silly me.. I thought.. what u adopted a racoon hehehe
They do grow on you dont they.. worming into your heart.. and now they just know how to twirl you around lol..
Racoon looks gorgeous :)