Friday, April 1, 2011

spying.....

Recently we had some motivational talk for the problematic students in school. It was conducted according to race (so much for 1Malaysia). As I am one of the AJK Sahsiah, I was asked to sit in the ceramah for the Malay students. My role was to listen to the ceramah for anything sensitive that should not be mentioned. It seems this is what the Education Department wants when there is such ceramah according to race that someone who is not of that race is to sit in to listen to it. Is this true in other states I wonder? Anyway....I didn't have the chance to sit in and listen to the whole ceramah as there was another more important meeting conducted by the Principal herself which I had to attend for my own good. I did visit the surau anyway to take pictures as I was also in charge of photography and documentation. It was my first time stepping into the surau and the girls were shocked to see me. I think if I had sat there throughout the ceramah they would be stunned. When I was there, the male speaker was talking about translucent clothing and how such immoral dressing is considered 'enemy' to the religion....hmm; I think it would had been interesting for me sitting on the floor with my tight skirt listening to him. I wonder what the other spies have to say for the Indian and Chinese ceramahs...

1 comment:

AJ7 said...

First what 1Malaysia??? But the spy system is good... LOL! At least that comes from the department. These days too many things get said from the stage... detrimental to race relations.

In my school, the surau is opened to all, as what 'House of God' should be. But I think my school might be one of the few schools which allow that. Most places I think is still yours-yours, mine-mine kinda mentality.

But I think the ceramah(s) usually very 'under-siege' kind..