Friday, April 29, 2011

the royal wedding

The wedding of the century....the making of history...all the more reason to watch it.

So I plopped myself in front of the tv; ordered pizza for dinner (just can't cook dinner and watch tv at the same time). No one else is particularly interested except me.

Dan asked; 'why are the women wearing funny hats?'

Well, I must say the excitement of this wedding is just not the same as when I watched Charles' and Diana's wedding. It seemed grander that time. I think it was much much grander. I was also more naive that time to believe in a fairy-tale wedding. Well look what happened to that fairy-tale.

As I watch the ceremony now; lots of stuff just pop into the mind. They are living together and she is already pregnant. Somehow this kind of spoils the sacredness of a wedding in the presence of God. That's how society is now. Will our own children conform to it?? God help them!!

The prayers, the vow.....how meaningful is it? Is it just a public display or meant from the bottom of their hearts?

In this modern era, many couples choose to omit the word 'obey' from their vows. Collosians 3:18 says Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord...

Well, submitting is obeying. Rather high order for modern women today but....when it is written in the Word of God; He has a reason for that. Who are we mere mortals to question Him?

Matthew 19:6 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Another strong command from God. As I sat and watched the service and the vows taken, commands such as this weigh heavily in my heart for it is quite easy to let lots of things to make a couple go asunder. I hope William and Kate are matured enough to want to protect their marriage at all cost and not crumble at the slightest provocation.

May they continue to live happily ever after even when the romance and excitement of a fairy tale wedding dies off and they are cumbered with half a dozen kids and whatever cumbersome stuff in a royal life. I'm sure they are as human as us and live normal lives like us with all the normal stress and tension of a normal family.

May the beauty of the wedding be reflected in their marriage too. God bless William and Kate.
(By the way, it's interesting to note that when God saved the Queen was sung, the Queen did not sing but the Duke of Edinburgh was sort of mouthing the words. Like Lyn says, how is the Queen to sing...God saves me????)

No comments: