Sunday, May 8, 2011

double celebration

Lyn asked me what I want for my birthday last week and I replied I just want peace and quietness. Well the day has come and it is also Mother's Day. Did I get what I wished for? Let me start from the beginning:



Birthdays, valentines, christmas are times which stress KC a lot because I expect him to give me presents. Sometimes he just doesn't know what to give me; there was a time when he would just give me cash vouchers. This year he started early.



On the 12th February, we happened to be at the Maxis Center and saw people queuing for iphones. He turned to me and said, 'Let me get you an iphone for Valentine and birthday.' I wasn't that enthusiasted about it but agreed. I think he was most relieved that he managed to kill two birds with a stone.




My iphone....wonderful gadget. I simply love it.



Last week, Ing came to visit. She brought with her my birthday present...a belt and a book. Thanks.....


That week too, KC took the kids out to Terminal 1 to shop for my birthday present. This is what they got for me; a cooler stand for my laptop. Really very practical kids.



Yesterday, I decided that we would go Curry Leaf for dinner (we've not been there a long time). I was thinking it would be crowded to go out to eat today. On top of it I was craving for briyani. So I had mutton briyani. This is once in a very blue moon affair...can't eat this too often.




I also received a card yesterday from Nee. She still uses the snail mail to send me cards and it's really sweet of her to make such effort. She sends Christmas and sometimes CNY cards too. Funny girl...thanks.






While I was away for Bible Study today, Dan made a card for me. It's really cute. I was most touched to see "I Love You' right at the top. That makes my day.






The green green heart shape is 2D. I think he learns this from his EE. The little box is actually Mother's Day gift which he made in Church School for me. It contains a magnet and a poem...all the kids gave this to their mum. Lyn gave me a box too with similar content.






Here's the poem:



My Mother

My Mother loves me,

How do I know?

She hugs me and kisses me

That's how I know






My Mother loves me

How do I know?
She tells me of Jesus
Who loves me so.







Later in the evening, I saw an interestingly wrapped note in my dresser basket. I knew it was from Lyn. She loves to fold interesting shaped stuff. She scribbled me a love note. I always look forward to receiving notes from her because like me, she communicates best through writing. It is from notes like this that I know her heart and find deep communion with her. Infact the whole of this morning in church she was holding my hand. I know she is trying her very best to make my day a special one; and she has done so by this little gestures which I value more than any material gifts.




Finally after dinner, Dan went around taking orders for cakes. We normally don't buy whole cakes for birthdays. We prefer individual cakes from Secret Recipe where we get to choose what we like and don't overeat. Then he went off with the father to get us the cake. I had carrot cake with cheese topping. (I wanted apple crumble.)




So....did I get my wish??? Yes, it was most peaceful and quiet Sunday. Had a great service in church, went for Bible Study (the first time as I didn't have time to join them in the earlier lessons), did grocery and rested in the afternoon. On top of the peace and quiet, I had those lovely gifts above.




Thank God for blessing me this 44 years and I'm not shy to say I'm already 44!! I don't ever want to shy away from the growing numbers but to face each growing year as they come gracefully.



















1 comment:

PreciousPearl said...

Happy belated birthday Sia Mooi, here's wishing you many many more. the best gift are the ones from those that you love best and those that love you the most.