Thursday, May 5, 2011

protocol

A very very important person is coming to school tomorrow. Today a convoy of 'busy people' from her office and state education department landed in school to check on sound, stage, performance, how to stand, how to walk, trays, how to hold and lots lots more of how tos........

I felt my team and I had prepared well enough for tomorrow. Unfortunately when one of this big busy guy saw the stuff on the tray that is to be handed to VVIP tomorrow, he was afraid the plaque will slip and fall. He suggested I have the certs and plaques tied to prevent from falling.

I had not finished preparing the prizes....there was a repeat of the rehearsal again....I had to leave the rehearsal to the good hands of Pn Sharifah to get ribbons and help to tie 151 certs and plaques.

On top of it, I needed to go to town to get nice paper bags for the tupperwares and cakes which are to be given away tomorrow. What a rush as I get 10 students with Santha and Wan's help to reorganize the SPM and PMR certs/plaques. Double double work. Spent the whole previous evening organizing it and reorganizing it again today.

Elizabeth drove Is and I to town. We jumped off and tried getting all we need before heading off another destination to buy table cloth etc.

We returned to see the hall transformed with brand new skirtings. What is all this for? Just to impress one mortal being; like you and me.

But the amount of pressure put on us to prepare for this event which will last for probably three hours is tremendous. Not to mention the money thrown in (and we are already running low on fund).

I trust the teachers and students who helped me reorganize the plaque and cert have put it in order. Tomorrow when we place them out and carry them in accordance to the name called, I believe it will be in order. If at all any mishap happens, I will be cool and thick skin and pretend it's just a small matter. Have to remind myself not to panic and be jittery as I am very prone to be nowadays. Hope they will think I don't do a good job and not ask me to do it again next year!!!!!

(I'm ridiculous right? Who in their right mind not want to do a good job? Sigh....)


It went superbly well today (ie my part in prize giving). My team which consists of Sharifah, Liau, Wong, Wan, Santha and myself can give ourselves a pat on our backs. We were like in a sauna behind the stage but to be able to see the flow going on and on and on without any mistakes was really a relief.

The prefects who helped us did an equally good job right from the start where they loaded the stuff into the car till they cleared the mess when everything was over.

3 comments:

AJ7 said...

A good job of pakai skirts??? A waste of resources for some VIP who will grace the event just for a couple of hours? All the money spent?? Never fail to amaze me how far we have gone astray into looks... 8(

PreciousPearl said...

well done on a good job. I think it's more important that you felt happy with what you achieved irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the event. After all it's a big time occasion, right?

maybe they'll ask you to do again next time :D

Sia Mooi said...

hehe....ya i think they'll ask me do it again...been doing it for quite a number of years now just that i wasn't the head last time. being a follower is so much easier than being the head.