Sunday, May 1, 2011

running with Racoon

One of my favourite time during the weekends is to to be able to go out for a walk/jog with the family. Usually it will be just KC and I. It's hard to drag Lyn along. Dan would oblige but he would give up half way and go home on his own before I am done.

Since Racoon joined the family, we have been bringing him out with us. This excites the kids and they will join us on the bicycle. I have been totally challenged by Racoon. When he sees the kids cycling past, he bounds into a run and drags me along. Now it's him walking/running me instead of me walking him!!! Boy....can he run! I think I've not done such running for a very very long time and it feels good to know that I can still run at such speed. Yesterday I ran at least three times of about 100m each time.

Being a pup, he has lots of energy. By the time KC caught up with us; I quickly passed the leash to him. Panting and laughing....drained all the energy out of me.


Running with Racoon...this is just a slow-paced running......

A dog must stop to sniff and put their marks here and there or else they are not dogs!!!!!


More sniffing.

We had an interesting experience yesterday. Three dogs ran out of a house barking at us rather fiercely. Surprisingly, Racoon isn't the aggresive type. KC was able to hold him back and restrain him without much effort. So different from Jackie who would jump at every chance to fight. Once at the vet; Jackie growled at a rotweiller (who was much bigger than him) and the vet commented that Jackie is an aggresive dog. A few years later, he had a fight with the neighbour's dog; attacked the neck. Later on the dog died (he was an old dog).

Well....pets and how they grow on us. It's really lovely except when you find a tick crawling on you!!!!!!

No comments: