Sunday, May 29, 2011

Teacher's Day 2011

A yearly affair...teacher's day celebration. It's almost the same every year...games, followed by presentation in the hall and end with makan. After 19 years of teaching; kind of immune to all these celebrations. Think I would be happier if the teachers are given a day off. Anyway...I was pretty sporting this year. I played 'galah panjang'!!! I hated the game as a kid because I will always be the first one to 'die'. Really....I was dead within seconds!!

As usual, students will shower us with presents....I do appreciate their thoughtfulness but I feel very bad that they have to spend money to get these stuff. I have taken pictures of some of them; left some in school and some pictures didn't look too good. I think the most touching present was when Taty (my Form 1 student) came up to me to hug me. I always scold her and if she look blur, I'll ignore her because I just don't know what else to do with her and don't have the patience to help her understand. (She is extremely weak in her English and most of the time she can't follow me). After her hug, I felt bad for being impatient with her. Sigh...a reminder to me that she needs my attention more than the others.

Below are some cards and presents which the girls gave....













Thank you girls for all the lovely pressies...there are many more that are not here. Totally appreciate them. Next year maybe I'll make them get As for me as present....what about that????








































































































2 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

waa... so cute! it's nice to be appreciated :)

BLOOM said...

Teacher!!! I gave the white brooch down there~~~