Tuesday, November 1, 2011

rempit laut

We saw people getting off speedboats and slightly bigger boats; all wearing floats. Where is the ferry? Don't tell me, I'm going to get on one of such boats...


Indeed...that's the boat I went on. A little boat with three row of seats. One for the boatman and the other two for the passengers. KC and I took the middle row. We were the only passengers.

I held on for dear life to the side. I know I looked real tensed but it was quite enjoyable at first. The boat was going real fast (I thought it was normal). It was cutting through the waves real hard and it was like jumping up and down the sea and tilted upwards like rempit.





The sky was cloudy but the sea wasn't that rough. But to be in the middle of the sea in a speedboat that was rushing to cut through all the waves...my heart was beating real fast. I tried to relax and enjoy the ride; which was not that bad.



Then we saw the kelong....Sibu Island is just at the back. Told KC used to see kelong near Lumut/Pangkor sea too. Suddenly the boat spun around; swayed from side to side before it stopped. I screamed in fright (who wouldn't...ok I was the only female on board). I thought that I would be thrown into the sea, rolled over by the boat and drown.




The boatman was trying to avoid a log which floated away from the kelong. He was most upset and said the people on the kelong is always throwing logs into the sea. The kelong belongs to Singaporeans. Sure irresponsible of these people....the boat could have capsized and we could have been thrown into the sea and make headlines in the paper.




Thankfully, after the initial shock, I was quite calm and actually laughed over the whole incident. It was terrifying but I know God was taking care of us.




How am I going to take the same boat ride back on Monday? I didn't want to think about it. I was on holiday and was determined to enjoy every minute of it. We agreed that I would not pout and we would not get upset with each other.




HOLIDAY!!!!!!!! (no work, no kids, no worries....)








4 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

thank goodness u didn't make newspaper headlines :)

PreciousPearl said...

....and i especially like the bit where you both agreed that YOU would not pout :p

Sia Mooi said...

PP: ...don't have to be so agreeable wid kc ok??? i love to pout!

PreciousPearl said...

;) so do i :D