Friday, January 20, 2012

assassins....

I ended my History classes today with an assignment; 'Go home and watch 'The Emperor and the Assassin' this CNY!!!

When school starts again after the one week break, the Form 4 students and I will be visiting the ancient Hwang Ho civilization where this name Shih Huang Ti will be mentioned. This movie is about him and his ruthless effort in unifying China. How true the facts are...we will never know but at least this will spur their interest in History (I hope so...).

Funny how this great emperor is portrayed as a childish and spoilt king but behind his tantrum is an evil and hardened heart. I do believe for a man to be able to unify such a great kingdom he had to be cruel, ruthless and hard but....childish or even gila-gila??

'Reign of the Assassin' was the second movie I watched; introduced by my kids. Our very own Michelle Yeoh is the leading lady here. Think she is a bit too matured looking for the role. Anyway nice kung-fu movie but nothing historical here I think.

Found both movies in youtube and they have sub-titles. This is the season where I look for such movies to watch. The next movie I would like to re-watch is Red Cliff.

Blessed Lunar New Year everyone!!!!

No comments: