Monday, January 30, 2012

dinosaurs...

Wen brought back two boxes of 'dinosaur bones' ... all the way from Taiwan last year for my kids. They are not new to my kids...we bought a set of such bones for Dan when we visited Petrosains long time ago. Then they also helped Jason and Emily to dig for their dino bones.

These bones are not light. Really appreciate Wen's effort in remembering my kids even when she's on holiday. Sometimes I think that my nephews and nieces forgot that my kids are not kids/toddlers any more but teenagers going into adulthood soon....

Anyway...last holiday they decided to open up their boxes of dinosaurs and do some digging. It was good activity as it kept them occupied the whole morning. So despite the fact that they are teens going into adulthood, my kids still are kids at heart and they actually enjoyed this simple fun and play. I think they enjoyed each other's company the most as they dug and washed and dug some more and made a mess of the whole porch.

This is the box with tools and bones stuck in hard soil...solid hard!!!

Here's one of them cleaning off the soil/ chipping it off. I think he's using his finger to scrape some off.


Here is another process.....washing it off with water and further scraping ....


Some parts of the dinosaurs finally excavated after a long while. Lyn said she didn't even use the brush.


The dino head and some other parts...There is the contact glue to paste the various parts of the dino together. The black thingy is the stand where the dino head is to be placed for exhibition. I didn't get to take a picture of the final product as they had to let it dry before glueing them together.


Anyway....the balance of the contact glue was finally used to glue my loose parquets upstairs. The dino is somewhere outside in the porch I think.


That was one of the activities the kids did last holiday ...something real 'kiddish'... but fun.









Add Image

2 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

nice way for the kids to spend their time!

emily @ shinyshampoo said...

i really forgot that you kids grown already.. and even i bought kids stuffs for Matthew, mark and christina.. and when i saw their pics, i was abit shocked.. lol...

next time i buy adult thing for them.. so that they can use when they grow up..