Wednesday, January 11, 2012

monday blues

I know it's Wednesday today, not Monday but I want to blog about what happened on Monday.

I am in the discipline committee again this year (they just won't let me off, why? why? why?) So I can't sit with the other teachers and yack away. As I had injured my foot, I sat in the canteen and watched the girls from the canteen. HEM came my way and informed me that the fan in 4 Sigma was left on over the weekend....I am the class teacher. I noted it and told myself to call up the monitor and question her.

All of a sudden, I saw a row of girls standing up and the Principal was scolding them for not turning off their fan. My heart did a flip....then I heard her voice....'who is the class teacher of 4 Sigma?' I waved from the canteen. Sigh...I thought I could escape this and reprimand the class quietly.

Upon investigation, we found that the switch for that particular fan is not functioning properly. To make sure that it goes totally off, need to turn the speed control to zero. I lodged a report about the faulty switch to the office; I wonder how long it will take them to bring about the repairs.

As punishment, the girls are not allowed to use the fans from Wednesday to Friday. Is it fair? Well, I think it's ok....one has to bear the consequences of one's carelessness. It's good that the girls learn early to be responsible and accountable for their class.

An interesting start to being the class teacher of 4 Sigma!!!

1 comment:

AJ7 said...

You should take time off... go on MC. An injured foot is a very valid reason. Empathize with you. But at least you get good students to teach. This year I have 4 classes anticipated to be discipline problems.... one reason because kononnya I 'can control class'. I don't buy those kinds of reasons no more... and it goes to show they are lousy teachers... Mrs. Mah MM told me once, discipline contributes 70% of teachability....