Friday, January 27, 2012

convent girls reunion

On the second day of CNY, Annie sent a message around calling friends of our batch to meet at Old Town Kopitiam near Giant. I reached there pretty late (after barbeque in my eldest sis' place). The place was crowded with people having their own reunion too. The twenties, forties and sixties were there....not forgetting the teens like my kids in a corner playing mahjong while waiting for me.

I walked in and this sexy lady looked straight at me and asked, Remember me or not? Searched my memory bank...yeah...that face is very very familiar. I know her but, I told her straight, I don't remember your name!!! I looked around and recognize everybody except one lady. I felt real bad....so scared I may offend her but she wasn't in my memory bank at all. Then when they said her name, Vijaya Rani; the mind went snap snap snap....oh yes the very skinny girl in school but she's not that skinny now! She looks so different from what I remembered of her and I think much better looking now.

Some of us met quite a few times the past few years but there are some whom I have not met for at least 30 years!!! Wow...that long ago. Seow Ling is one of them. Used to be a tomboy but she was one of the first among us to marry. Revathi.....I've fond memories of going to her house in Pundut for Deepavali. Would take a bus there. Malini has four kids now!! Used to visit her house too with my Ma who did business with her father. Chew Yee, still the same...not one to hold back her tongue. Such memories we dug up as we sat and chat. And of course the sexy lady whose name I forgot...Chew Lan. She has always been more daring than us in her dressing.
Some of the faces....Wendy, Lillian, Ling Kiang, Annie and I have been in touch through various gatherings and facebook.

Vijaya and Malini went off to get Revathi to join us later on. From the eleven of us, five of them are in Sitiawan. The rest of us are mostly in the central of the country. Later when I was about to leave, Chin Kiew decided to join us. She didn't see the missed calls and messages as she left her phone upstairs and she was downstairs all the time. Asked me why didn't I call her house...hmmm....I forgot her house phone number. (Used to remember most of my friends phone numbers!!!) Chin Kiew managed to reach the place (all the way from Simpang Dua) to meet some of the girls. I had already left as the kids had played 7 rounds of mahjong and Dan kept winning.



3 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

SM - I wonder if when they saw you, they said, "Waaaaa.... who is this sexy lady? Looks so familiar!" LOL

Must be great to meet up with folks that we last remember as 15 year olds and chat over what has happened over the last 3 decades or so :D

time marches on and our kids are the age we were when we were first friends :D makes me feel so old :D :D :D

Sia Mooi said...

lol...dont tink dey will think me sexy...used to b their monitor; so they would think who is this fierce woman marching in....

PreciousPearl said...

it's the school head of discipline! run & hide! :D