Monday, March 15, 2010

hardworking bug

It's the first day of school holiday and I woke up as usual; 5.30am, to prepare food for KC to take to work. I was suddenly bitten by the hardworking bug. I am basically a pretty lazy person, usually I would go back to sleep after KC leaves and drag my feet through the day wishing that I don't have to lift a single finger and the house is clean.

After KC left, I actually swept the floor! I don't do this on a weekday esp early of the week as Mila cleans the house on Saturdays. Infact for the whole of this year; I think this is the first time I swept the floor.

Then I removed the sofa covers and threw them into the washing machine. I usually wash the covers twice a year; June break and December break. This is a bit out of the norm.

Then I made french toast before calling Lyn up at 7am. She has choir practice and also music theory exam held in our school.

After leaving Lyn is school I went to market and bought all the things that I would like to eat. I hate cooking and eating what I cook. Today, I bought stingray (to bake in sambal sauce), apple cucumber and turnip (these two takes a long time to cut because need to be real fine and I don't have time to cut them fine on a normal working day)....well I thought since it's holiday, I should cook what I want to eat and not the normal dishes which I am totally sick of. Again.....the bug has got me into the mood.



I boiled a pot of scallop oyster mushroom soup to eat with misuah for lunch. I have two types of misuah this time; the fine foochow misuah and the thick hinghwa misuah.




I even fried tikueh...kuih bakul. I used to give away the kuih bakul which my eldest sister gives me every year. This year, decided to cut them and put in the fridge and fry whenever am in the mood. Today is THAT day when the mood is right.




Look; I even steam corns!! Corn usually goes into the soup. I rarely steam corn on its own. Today I was thinking.....all of us love corn except Lyn. Why wait till I boil ABC soup? Just steam and eat!



The sofa covers that are out in the sun. Thank God the sun came out though it looked kind of gloomy earlier.

I'm waiting for the lazy bug to attack any minute now. Of course I will succumb to it...it's holiday; why on earth should I be working so hard.












4 comments:

AJ7 said...

eh.. you want to come wash my cushion covers or not? 8)

Jean Denise said...

haha..my makcik today so rajin..huhu, i suddenly wan to eat the fried kuih bakul..

Sia Mooi said...

AJ7: hahahahahaha Dat's juz half of d sofa; need to wash d other half trow otherwise will hv two tone covers.

Win: I keep d balance for you...when u come i fry ok...btw; we plan to leave very early Fri morning to singapore kos we want go Universal Studio...so pls come thursday nite. we bring u to the studio also as a treat....u jaga d kids.

ing said...

wah ... so nice ... ppl hols .. and tengah ber-enjoy hols ... adui ... m still struggling w my sermon and have not move the mountains of papers and deadlines .... cant wait 15 May ....