Monday, March 15, 2010

orange cappucino bread

Betty Crocker's bread book has lots of mouth watering recipes and this is one of them. The problem with the recipes are they are not totally accurate. Need to check the dough to see if it is wet or dry etc. So the best time to experiment on the recipes is holiday. Today I tried this recipe...used nescafe; 1 whole tablespoon and the peel of one orange...can add more. The recipe needs extra water; at least 2 tablespoon.

Beautiful loaf of bread....the smell is great too. I fell in love with it immediately when I sliced it.
The bread was ready during dinner time. I couldn't resist temptation; just had to try it. So I slice half of the slice in the picture above (didn't want to eat the whole slice and spoil my appetite for dinner) and spread St Dalfour's ginger and orange jam. It was heavenly. A little zest from the orange peel and slight bitterish taste from the coffee but the coffee taste is not strong. Maybe should use other brand coffee granule??
This is the second recipe from Betty Crocker which I really like. The first is the chocolate walnut bread. Unfortunately I still need to buy Gardenia bread because Dan can't take coffee (he'll surely complain it's bitter) and mother will complain it's too heaty. Sigh. Just can't please everybody. Ma enjoyed the chocolate walnut bread but she was badly constipated. So I had to buy Gardenia bread for her.

No comments: