Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul 2

I'm doing this review on behalf of Dan. This book is meant for kids aged 6-10. When he read that he said he's too old to read it. I insisted that it is good for him and made him read it.

Haha...no regrets! He enjoyed it so much. He read some of the stories to me (which I didn't hear; as usual). He said some of the stories are real sad like the one where the friend moved away and the other one where the bird flew away (?).

I am so proud that he could finish the book which has minimum pictures. Asked if he wants to read more, I could borrow from the library; he said no. Sigh.

The school library is stocked with a variety of Chicken Soups. Selling like hotcakes. Introduced them to the Form 1 students and now I see so many of them holding the books. So good to see students reading.

3 comments:

AJ7 said...

Go Dan! Go! I like the chicken soup series too. Used to get quite a few for my own Dan too!

PreciousPearl said...

well done Dan! reading is good for all kids. A good book is one thing I am not too kiamsiap to buy :D
(but I like books with pictures in worrrr.... pssst... don't tell Dan!)

Sia Mooi said...

lol....he loves books with pics too. His favourite is Geronimo Stilton series. We have a large collection. Must say the author of geronimo is really good and creative.